Israel bonds do not accrue interest after maturity. The following steps will explain how to reinvest in a new Israel bond.
Book Entry Bond
To reinvest an Israel bond (held in book entry) using the redemption check, the bondholder should submit the following:
- Individual Investment Form if purchasing for an individual/corporation, or:
- Investment Form for Minor if purchasing for a minor
- Complete either of these forms and indicate on the form which bond you would like to purchase with your redemption check.
- Review the prospectuses and current rates.
- The original Computershare uncashed maturity check (if the registration for the new bond will be different than that on the matured bond, please endorse the check) which was sent to you automatically by Computershare upon maturity.
- Account Opening Form (if applicable)
- This form must be completed if the individual purchasing the bond has never purchased an Israel bond before or has not purchased a bond within the last 36 months.
- Call Client Support at 888.519.4111 if you need to verify whether you are required to fill out this form.
Individual Investment Form
Investment Form for Minor
Account Opening Form
To reinvest an Israel bond (held in physical certificate form), the bondholder should submit the following:
- The physical certificate (make a copy for your personal records)
- Letter of Transmittal
- This form is completed by the holder(s) of matured bond(s) to authorize the reinvestment of proceeds into a bond with the same or different registration
- Must be signed by all holder(s) of the matured bond(s)
- Must be notarized if the registration of the bond(s) being purchased is different than the maturing bond
- The substitute W-9 portion must also be completed by the holder(s) of the matured bond(s)
- Individual Investment Form
- This form must be completed by the person or entity who is purchasing the bond.
- Complete this form and indicate which bond you would like to purchase with the proceeds of your matured bond.
- Review our prospectuses and current rates.
- Customer Information Form (if applicable)
- This form must be compoleted out if the individual or entity purchasing the bond has never purchased an Israel bond before or does not currently have an approved account
- Call Israel Bonds Client Support, 888.519.4111 if you need to verify whether you are required to fill out this form.
- If applicable: If adding additional funds when reinvesting, please make check payable to the State of Israel.
- Affidavit of Loss & Indemnity: (if bond(s) certificates are lost please complete this form as well)
- This form must be signed by every bondholder.
- Please download the form for instructions and fee schedule.
- Please note that you must complete this form in blue ink and all holders’ signatures must be notarized on the affidavit.
Letter of Transmittal
Individual Investment Form
Customer Information Form
Affidavit of Loss & Indemnity